Saturday, February 20, 2010

WIP: Termagants Complete

I wrote a couple weeks ago about how I had used a tutorial to do up a termagant. Of course one termagant isn't much of a danger to anyone outside of a gretchin, so I had to go find him some friends. The color scheme worked out well and the limited number of steps and colors made things go fast. It won't be much difficult to expand my termagant horde or to paint other tyranid models in the same color scheme.

As a side note, if you ever thought tyranids evolving was just something for the fluff, take a look at these guys. This is three generations of termagant, the oldest being on the right. They've pretty much gone the way of all Warhammer minis, getting progressively larger as time goes on. I like the latest figure the best. I only wish that it's tail didn't stick straight out behind it. The previous generations all had a bit of curve to their tails which added some variation to their silhouette. I suppose that in mobs of twenty you don't really notice.

Final note: Termagant is a real English word: a violent, turbulent, or brawling woman. Harridan and Harpy mean the same thing, too. A Trygon is a kind of sting ray, and Lictors were romans that cleared a path for their masters. Zoanthropy is a mental disease where you imagine that you're an animal other than human and the Carnifex was the official public executioner in Rome. I'm not trying to make a point, I just find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment