Tuesday, July 23, 2013

One Piece of Doom Reaved

One Doom Reaver, minus basing, finished.  I don't know about the rest of you, but assembly line painting really starts to drag once I'm about three quarters done.  After shading and highlighting a half dozen leather skirts I put them all down and there's still just as much visible primer as an hour ago.


So this time, once I got to the point where I could wrap this guy up in another half an hour I just went for it.  Initially I wasn't sure how I wanted to do the swords for the unit, but some grey blended up to white to pick out the skulls seems to have done the trick nicely.


I may still take a wash to some of the elements and knock down the brighter spots on the leather and hair but in general I think he's going to look good screaming across the battlefield next to his buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment