Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh Noes - Deadline Approaching

The deadline for the 2011 One Page Dungeon contest is April 1. Only eight days away and I didn't even think to see when this year's contest was taking place. My submission last year didn't get me any prizes, but I had a lot of fun putting it together and I was planning on entering this year. This is what I get for not paying attention to the calendar I guess.

So it's time to start brainstorming ideas and break out my favorite graphics program. The WotC Dungeon Tiles Mapper is still active so I'll probably use that for laying out the dungeon again. I think the judges prefer hand drawn maps to maps made with that program, but I think the final product looks better with professionally done graphics.

Last year I did something rooted in fantasy. This year I'm going to go for something different. The steampunk world of Warmachine has me leaning that direction, and I played some Mansions of Madness this weekend which has me thinking about the horror genre. Anyone have any opinions? Horror or Steampunk?

Also, submissions are due April 1. There's still time for anyone to put together a submission. There are 42 prizes and only 24 entries at the moment, so plenty of loot to go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment